Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Logitech E-UR20 mic crashes dolphin 20347 in passthru both Windows/Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

I'm down to just the Wii microphone, and struggling.  I have used Zadig to convert it to libusb 3.1.0.0.  However, when I start Dolphin, it shows the game startup and then crashes when it tries to open the microphone.

I'm technical, but am struggling with how to troubleshoot.  What's next?

Strangely, Zadig doesn't show it as having a composite parent, but it does say that in settings

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20799]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20798]

Here's a crash log I captured:

Code:
58:14:475 Core\HW\WiimoteReal\IOWin.cpp:302 W[Wiimote]: IOWrite[WWM_WRITE_FILE]: Error on WriteFile: The parameter is incorrect.

58:14:940 Core\IOS\DI\DI.cpp:187 I[IOS_DI]: DVDLowRead: offset 0x33cca311 (byte 0x0cf328c44), length 0x10000
58:14:940 Core\HW\DVD\FileMonitor.cpp:86 W[FileMon]: 443,967 kB gen/main_wii_4.ark
58:14:947 Core\IOS\IOS.cpp:678 I[IOS]: Opening /dev/usb/oh0 (mode 0, fd 11)
58:14:947 Core\IOS\USB\OH0\OH0.cpp:57 I[IOS_USB]: /dev/usb/oh0 - IOCtlV 27
58:14:947 Core\IOS\IOS.cpp:678 I[IOS]: Opening /dev/usb/oh0/46d/a03 (mode 0, fd 11)
While this sounds out of my realm of expertise, I do just want to say that your attachments aren't showing up.

Also, I don't know if this is useful at all, but as a sanity check I like testing the Linux flatpak version of Dolphin in a live ISO session of Linux Mint (Dolphin is available for download in Linux Mint's built-in "software manager" program), and Linux Mint's own ISO is easily booted if you have Ventoy installed on a USB drive (lets you store multiple ISOs on one disk).
(01-16-2024, 04:32 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]While this sounds out of my realm of expertise, I do just want to say that your attachments aren't showing up.

Also, I don't know if this is useful at all, but as a sanity check I like testing the Linux flatpak version of Dolphin in a live ISO session of Linux Mint (Dolphin is available for download in Linux Mint's built-in "software manager" program), and Linux Mint's own ISO is easily booted if you have Ventoy installed on a USB drive (lets you store multiple ISOs on one disk).

Attachments fixed, thanks!

I thought this was a windows specific deal, so I switched to the latest Ubuntu and was trying to get it to run on that in dual-boot mode.  However, I couldn't get the NVidia drivers to compile with the latest 6.5 kernel (known bug, no fix yet that I could find).  Running with the Noveau drivers was too slow, so I switched back to Windows.

I did, however, get the same crash at the same place in Linux with the Logitech microphone plugged in, so I felt Linux wasn't the solution (or this is some other problem).

Does anybody have this problem?  The part number for this mic is E-UR20
(01-16-2024, 08:33 AM)drmikecrowe Wrote: [ -> ]However, I couldn't get the NVidia drivers to compile with the latest 6.5 kernel (known bug, no fix yet that I could find).  Running with the Noveau drivers was too slow, so I switched back to Windows.

You might want to update the specs in your profile then since it lists your graphics as Intel.

Thing is, considering that you were straight-up compiling the drivers yourself, I'm guessing you're savvy enough with software development that you're familiar with how AMD and Intel graphics have kernel level drivers and therefore "just work" out-of-the-box, and I generally shy away from suggesting doing any sort of "trying Linux as a sanity check" if the user has Nvidia graphics.

(that being said, assuming you have at least 2 sticks of RAM rather than 1, even Skylake Intel 6th gen would be plenty fast at least for 1x internal resolution, maybe even 2x internal resolution since 2x is just out of reach on my Haswell 4th gen on heavier 3D games like FAST Racing League)
(01-16-2024, 04:07 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]You might want to update the specs in your profile then since it lists your graphics as Intel.

Thing is, considering that you were straight-up compiling the drivers yourself, I'm guessing you're savvy enough with software development that you're familiar with how AMD and Intel graphics have kernel level drivers and therefore "just work" out-of-the-box, and I generally shy away from suggesting doing any sort of "trying Linux as a sanity check" if the user has Nvidia graphics.

(that being said, assuming you have at least 2 sticks of RAM rather than 1, even Skylake Intel 6th gen would be plenty fast at least for 1x internal resolution, maybe even 2x internal resolution since 2x is just out of reach on my Haswell 4th gen on heavier 3D games like FAST Racing League)

Actually, the specs on the profile are relevant to the question -- I also tested this mic on linux, and ended up with the same crash.  Based on that, I think this is a Dolphin issue and not a hardware issue per-se (I should not have gone into the Linux kernel issue -- that's a red herring).