Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems With "Compatible" Bluetooth Passthrough Device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I purchased the Sena Networks Parani-UD100 because it was in the green all the way across on the compatibility list and I believe the list should be updated to reflect some info.

It will only pair Wii remotes in bluetooth passthrough mode when connected to a USB 2.0 port port. If USB 3.0 is used, they will only pair in emulation mode. Secondly, the Wii remotes speaker audio is very choppy and cuts in & out a lot when in bluetooth passthrough mode and it actually sounds much, MUCH better when in emulation mode w/ real Wii remote and speaker data enabled.

Paid $40 and it's being returned. No point in keeping it when emulation mode performs significantly better than bluetooth passthrough mode. I guess I'll try to find someone who can solder me a Wii wi-fi board to a USB connector.
Looks like I'm no longer able to edit the op. Wanted to add that even the built in Bluetooth adapter on an 11 yr old motherboard (ASUS P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 - Bluetooth Adapter VID:0B05 PID: 179C) has better Wii remote speaker performance in emulated mode, than the Sena Networks Parani-UD100 has in Bluetooth passthrough mode. I would not recommend the UD100 if accurate Wii remote speaker audio is important to you. And by the looks of the tons of posts I've read, some people say that Wii remote audio hasn't worked well for them even using an official Wii module connected to USB. I guess it boils down to there's no promise of good Wii remote audio without playing on an actual Wii or Wii U.
Perfect compatibility is guaranteed only with the real Wii BT module. I have both models and they do work flawlessly, however, since they require a DYI approach, some might end blocking the built-in antenna or mounting the module with the antenna pointing out to a source of RF interference, like the AMS1117 regulator commonly used for that, and that's what causes issues with audio or range. In other words, a properly done USB mod of the official Wii BT module do work flawlessly and it's what the other adapters from the test result table are tested against.

Regarding the Parani UD100, that test result come from when the BT passthrough feature was initially added, way back in 5.0-910 (over 7 years ago), so it might not be accurate. In fact, I just checked the page history and an anonymous edit added it to the table in 2016, while another user in 2017 changed it to the current status (that it works, that it is stable, that it remembers pairings and that audio works properly with it). I'll update that entry based on your report...