Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can i play New Super Mario Bros. Wii with my Sony Vaio VPCEA3C5E (Intel Core i5 460M)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can i Play with this Laptop New Super Mario Bros. Wii?
Sony Vaio PCG-61211M (VPCEA3C5E)
Windows 7 x64
Intel Core i5 460M
4GB RAM
12GB SSD?
Nope. That laptop doesn't meet Dolphin's minimum system requirements. You might be able to run veeeery old Dolphin versions (e.g. 4.0 stable or earlier), but we don't provide support for those ancient versions, so you'll be on your own with any problem you encounter...
According to my research, that laptop has a mobility Radeon HD5470 which, while low end, should very much be able to run the game (it's basically the same as the desktop HD5450 except the 5450 has a slighly lower core clock and much slower memory). If you can't just test it out for yourself then I actually have a desktop Radeon HD5450 I could test it out with...

Just keep in mind that, if you want to run on Windows 7, you'll need to use either revision 5.0-16380 (the last beta version supporting Win7) or revision 5.0-16391 (the last development version supporting Win7).

Alternatively, you should have no issue running the latest beta version of Dolphin on Linux (which can be easily installed on something like Linux Mint directly through its included "Software Manager")—heck you can even do this on a live ISO to test it out (most easily achieved by installing Ventoy onto a USB drive that's 4GB or larger and putting the Linux Mint ISO onto it, noting that non-beta Linux Mint 21.3 should be releasing any day now), or install the actual OS installation of Linux Mint onto a (different) USB drive that's at least 16GB.

The one thing to watch out for is if performance is too slow then make sure you have basically all graphics enhancements turned off (though you might be able to get away with minor enhancements, like some anisotropic texture filtering, or maybe even 2x internal resolution). But if even that isn't enough, then you can try experimenting with lowering the "Emulated CPU Clock Override" setting (located in Config button ▶ Advanced tab) which may either make the game crash or bug out or may make it completely perfect (you can change the setting without stopping emulation to make it easier to experiment with it).

Oh and, since it's a platforming game where timing can be critical, you might actually want to select Skip Drawing (located under the Shader compilation heading which itself is found in Graphics button ▶ General tab) which is the least demanding way to eliminate stutters in exchange for possibly causing temporary graphical glitches.

If your laptop only has Intel integrated graphics, then it's almost certain that you'll need to use Linux in combination with the Emulated CPU Cock Override setting unless you want to try the previously-mentioned very old version of Dolphin like 4.0 and earlier with all graphical enhancements set to their lowest (and optionally the same Skip Drawing setting).
UPDATE: My Laptop dosen't have the preinstalled GPU. My CPU is a Intel Core i5 M460 but my GPU is a AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 i tried New Super Mario Bros. Wii with Delphin 5.0 and it runs with 60fps
(01-11-2024, 05:10 PM)anonymunbekannter Wrote: [ -> ]My Laptop dosen't have the preinstalled GPU.

(01-11-2024, 05:10 PM)anonymunbekannter Wrote: [ -> ]my GPU is a AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470

These statements are mutually exclusive. Tongue

If you have an i5, then its integrated graphics would be Intel graphics rather than AMD graphics, therefore having AMD graphics means that you are by definition not using integrated graphics.