Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: questions/ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

linuxguy

Hi i am a new user here. dolphin seems really cool; im running it on a lenovo x200 laptop with arch linux. i havent tried any games yet so i dont know if it will run properly on a 2.26ghz processor, 3gb of ram and an x4500 integrated graphics chip. anyone try it with this kind of hardware.

i need to buy a spare wiimote for use with my laptop and i will probably build my own ir sensor with leds so it is portable with my laptop. but i was looking at this today "Gyration GYT8102" (i own one they arent so accurate for computing uses but are accurate enough for games i guess)

they are available here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-NA-_-NA

and was thinking about how typically gyroscopes are more accurate than accelerometers. a device like this may make a good input mechanism for a wii emulator on the go since it wouldnt need an ir bar (i know the ir bar is for accuracy but it seems important enough that it wont be accurate without it). just a thought. i havent put any research into this though but im a student software developer so if it seems feasible (as in it might work out and be usable) then i would be willing to work on a plugin for it.

thoughts/concerns/ideas...

EDIT: looking around the forums it looks like people are having speed issues on machines much faster than my x200 laptop. i do have a desktop with an e8400 and an 8600gt but maybe that wont do it either....