Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: long time to connect Wiimote and sometimes not connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I buy a wiimote to use in Dolphin (Yeah, I'm Crazy), it connect but take a long time, sometimes he doesn't want connect. I tried use 1+2 and the pair button but nothing

My Wiimote is a Third Party and my bluetooth adapter is a UGREEN CM390 5.0
Make sure to try the latest Beta version of Dolphin. You can also try Bluetooth Passthrough, but I don't know if it would work with your adaptor.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough
Also enable continuous scan.
(12-13-2023, 07:32 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure to try the latest Beta version of Dolphin. You can also try Bluetooth Passthrough, but I don't know if it would work with your adaptor.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough

I use others bluetooth devices on my pc. I thinking buy the DolphinBar, but i don't know if will works good or if will be the same thing. Is the dolphinBar better that normal bluetooth emulation? Also, DolphinBar is good for a long range, or a Wii USB bar is better for a long range?
Try enabling VBI Skip under hacks in graphics settings. That made all the difference to some of us who were having issues with bt pass through on some games. I don’t know if it will help you with regular bt connection but it’s worth a try.
The UGreen CM390 adapter you have uses a RTL8761B chipset and the proprietary Realtek driver uploads new firmware on the fly to it.

In other words, assuming you're on Windows and are using Dolphin's default "emulate a BT adapter" mode, try manually installing this driver. The device IDs from this driver likely won't match your adapter, hence the need for the manual install, but that driver was made for the RTL8761B and will bump the supported BT version of that particular adapter to Bluetooth 5.3 while the driver is loaded, and a side effect of that is that in this particular chipset, it seems to improve the connection reliability with Wiimotes, at least based on my limited testing...