Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin won't even launch when i have a wiimote connected to my pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i've been getting this very weird bug were, as title says, when i have my wiimote linked to the pc, dolphin just won't open, showing no error message or anything, it just does nothing, but i've done some testing and it only happens when i have the wiimote connected, if i don't it works just fine, and if i open it without the wiimote being connected, and then link it with bluetooth with dolphin already open, then dolphin crashes (?) this only happens with the wiimote, as with some other bluetooth controller that i have (PS controller) it works just fine too

Now i looked around and i have a very old version of dolphin x86 around (from like 2015) and there it works fine with the wiimote as well, as intended, but since it's an old version it doesn't run that well and it gets some graphic issues

So... what could the issue be? i've downloaded a couple different versions of dolphin but this happens with all of them, the only one where i've managed to launch and play dolphin with the wiimote is the outdated x86 version, and i mean, it works so if there's nothing else that works then i'll just deal with it, but still would like to try a lil before finally giving up

Would really apreciate any help with this
What version of Dolphin are you using now?
(12-13-2023, 07:35 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]What version of Dolphin are you using now?

i've tested with the 5 latest BETA version from the download page, all of them behave the same with this, again, is not that dolphin won't launch on itself, it's just that it refuses to launch after i've linked a wiimote with bluetooth, with no crash screen or anything. It is a very weird and specific bug

i wanted to play new super mario with 2 friends that aren't fans of the wiimote so my intention was on them playing on PS controllers whilst i got the wiimote, but seems it either play on the outdated version and get a slightly buggy game, or the current version and i use the keyboard, heh
You can connect the wiimote while you are running a game. No need to connect it before and that is not even possible too afaik.

Maybe using an outdated bt stack.

Please be more specific with your hardware, OS, etc.
(12-14-2023, 07:50 AM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]You can connect the wiimote while you are running a game. No need to connect it before and that is not even possible too afaik.

Maybe using an outdated bt stack.

Please be more specific with your hardware, OS, etc.
what i meant is that it happens when the wiimote is bluetooth-linked (is there even another way?) to the pc, like, if the wiimote appears in "bluetooth devices" then that's when dolphin refuses to launch, for any mysterious reason
but on the current, modern versions of dolphin anyways
 oh, and if i remove the wiimote from the pc/bluetooth devices, dolphin launches with no problems or hesitation... this is the most oddly-specific bug that i've gotten, and i've gotten my good share of those

I'm on regular ol' windows 10 btw
Works on any dolphin 5.0?

Try this one

https://es.dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/...3b78f359a/
(12-15-2023, 06:09 AM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Works on any dolphin 5.0?

Try this one

https://es.dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/...3b78f359a/

Hey... that version actually works with the wiimote! and it doesn't show the graphic bugs that my older version had, i don't know how were you able to find a version without the  oddly specific bug 1st try... but hey, i'm not complaining
Thanks brother, much apreciated! you've saved my plans of me forcing my friends to complete New and Newer Super Mario Brow Wii together with this!