Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin freezing on GC boot screen in ver 5.0-20555 and up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the thread titled "Latest development version crashes", I thought I had the same issue and attempted to bring forth my findings so far (again, apologies for clogging up the thread). However, further testing has revealed that the freezing/show-stopping I'm experiencing on version 5.0-20555 and onward were caused not by the games (the issue happened in every game I tried), but by the GC Boot Screen. Every game would pop up the second screen for playing, and it would just stay there doing nothing. I figured it out almost by accident, but the freeze/show-stopper fixed itself upon enabling the setting labeled "Skip Main Menu" in Config/Gamecube. 

CC:JosJuice, @JosJuice, etc. I don't think this forum has a tagging function, so this line is here for purely logistical reasons.
That's interesting, I had not noticed this option before. In the Linux version of 5.0-20555 it is pre-checked but greyed, so I cannot change it if I want to. However, I don't think I have ever seen the GC boot screen in Linux and I don't have the reported problem.

Edit: Shouldn't these posts be in the original thread?
Amazing. You solved my issue that I initially thought was my PC or drivers to blame. Turns out, it's just Dolphin. Nice! Happy day lol
I had the same issue. It seems like Dolphin stopped liking GameCube bios version 12 after that update. Version 11 works fine.

Fixed as of 5.0-20705.