Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dumping Frames crashes Dolphin upon stopping the emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im trying to dump donkey kong country returns (a game that doesnt usually ever run into issues) with ffv1 codec.
While the recording is playing, everything appears to work fine. However, as soon as I end the emulation, this error appears:

__

An error occured.

Condition: !Core::WantsDeterminism()
 File: d:\Source\Core\Core\HW\EXI\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp
 Line:419
 Function: GetEmulatedTime

Ignore and continue?

__

Regardless of what I choose, the emulator crashes, and the resulting .avi file is cut off at a couple seconds, with the file size still depending on the amount that I recorded, yet it not having any impact on the videos length.
The only idea I could have as to why this happens is due to me using 2 emulated wiimotes, and also having to manually reconnect the wiimote through the interface due to the game automatically disconnecting it at the start. I dont know why this would matter, but I cannot think of anything else, as I have never had problems with dumping games before in any way.

Im not using dual core or any other options that are known to cause potential issues.
I know the approximate reason why this happens, but it's kind of complicated to explain. It's related to the movie playback ending before emulation has had time to fully exit.

Could you try turning off frame dumping before ending emulation? Your AVI file should get fully saved when you turn off frame dumping.