Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Harmonix Drum Controller for Nintendo Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been attempting to connect my Harmonix Drum Controller for Nintendo Wii to Dolphin with no luck. With limited information online and on this forum, I can't seem to get it working. The device is connected via USB and I can see it/select it as both an extension and controller; though when I connect it as an extension of my real Wiimote, I can not select the Harmonix device from the list because my Wiimote is selected as the default.
What is the best work around for this type of thing? I've connected many other extensions via Dolphin and thought this would be a piece of cake, as well...what am I doing wrong? I'm also trying to play Rock Band 1, for the record.
I'm a bit confused about what you've accomplished so far, because this controller is not an extension controller. Either way, if you want to play drums in Rock Band 1, you're going to have to connect the controller using USB passthrough rather than the "usual" way: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough
(11-25-2023, 10:30 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a bit confused about what you've accomplished so far, because this controller is not an extension controller. Either way, if you want to play drums in Rock Band 1, you're going to have to connect the controller using USB passthrough rather than the "usual" way: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough

I'll share a screenshot with you:

This is how I have it currently configured and this is what my controller options settings look like. Note that I have my controller set to the USB drums. In that same menu, under "extensions", I have selected "drum kit" -- from there I can configure input the Harmonix Drum Controller device, where all pads, including the kick register. I have ensured that the device is working via playing CloneHero, and I've had no issues with the device.
I was just recently able to emulate "Rock Band 2" semi-successfully from my current configuration setup, but the up and down buttons of the D-Pad don't register, although I can control up and down through the drum pads to get around this. Also, the kick doesn't register at all. Though all the drum pads do. 

I have seen a handful of videos on YT of people using the same device as me, with no issues, so please someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here, and excuse me for bein a n00b. also happy thanksgiving.
(11-26-2023, 11:23 AM)all33n Wrote: [ -> ]This is how I have it currently configured and this is what my controller options settings look like. Note that I have my controller set to the USB drums. In that same menu, under "extensions", I have selected "drum kit" -- from there I can configure input the Harmonix Drum Controller device, where all pads, including the kick register. I have ensured that the device is working via playing CloneHero, and I've had no issues with the device.

Okay. This approach works with most Rock Band games (and it also works with Guitar Hero games but you will be missing one drum). But for Rock Band 1, you have to use USB passthrough as I described before. Setting the drums up as an extension controller will not work for this game. This is because Rock Band 1 doesn't support Guitar Hero drums, which are the ones that are an extension controller.
(11-26-2023, 07:28 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. This approach works with most Rock Band games (and it also works with Guitar Hero games but you will be missing one drum). But for Rock Band 1, you have to use USB passthrough as I described before. Setting the drums up as an extension controller will not work for this game. This is because Rock Band 1 doesn't support Guitar Hero drums, which are the ones that are an extension controller.

Thank you for the clarification about the extensions, as I was unaware.
As far as my kick pedal not working with my current configuration settings…any ideas?
(11-27-2023, 06:40 PM)all33n Wrote: [ -> ]As far as my kick pedal not working with my current configuration settings…any ideas?

Could you post a screenshot of the Extension tab?