Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: bluetooth driver issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, im new to forum posting so i apologize if this is not the way to do it but i will try regardless.

i recently got a third party wii remote to use with dolphin, reading around i figure out i need to do the bluetooth passthrough method to get it to connect and follow the instructions as normal. the first time i use zadig to replace my driver to libusbk it works as intended and i can connect my wii remote without issue! all the buttons were responsive though the pointer was completely useless since i still need a sensor bar, and switching games worked effortlessly too.

now, the next day when i turn it on my pc no longer recognizes my bluetooth adapter (SOUNIX bluetooth 5.0 adapter) as having bluetooth? my pc says that its plugged in, and i can see it in my devices, but it acts like its not plugged in and i do not have the option to turn bluetooth on or off because it does not detect any. (apologies if this explanation is lacking, its the best way i can explain myself) if i get rid of the libusbk driver and reinstall the original driver it functions like normal and i once again have bluetooth on my pc, but the second i reinstall libusbk it does the same thing. did i just make an unlucky purchase? do i need to get a new bluetooth adapter? or could this be a different issue altogether?

i am not very tech savvy, but it worked once, so i dont understand what is stopping it from working again. i have tried my best to google any similar issues but ive yet to find any, even asked my father to help me out, but none of it has given any results.
That's normal and expected. (This is also mentioned in the wiki.)
The original driver basically tells Windows about the bluetooth stuff (that it's available and how to access it at the low-level). The libusbK driver doesn't do that, as it is there to allow normal applications (such as Dolphin) to access the USB device at a low-level. A device can only be used by one driver (ignoring filter drivers), so if the original bluetooth driver was also in use for the device, there would be conflicts (without any forwarding or whatever usbdk did).
It still shows up as a device in Windows because Windows still knows that there is a device connected as part of USB, so that the user (you) know it's connected, and Windows knows what driver to use.
If you need BT for other purposes, you can buy another BT dongle. One with libusbk and the other for normal use can live together.
looks like i didnt understand it correctly the first time, thank you both!!! i ordered another adapter and will see iif it works out!
i have now received my new bluetooth adapter and made sure one was able to use bluetooth while the other has libusbk installed, though my wii remote still wont connect! i spent so much money on all of this, im at the cusp of just giving up, i really thought that would do it