Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my system weak for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've recently tried to play though Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my notebook. To my dismay, Dolphin struggled to maintain 50 fps.
Though there were sections that could keep a steady performance at 60 fps (some planetoids, or mostly NPC dialogue sections during the stages), merely starting the save file would present me Starship Mario at 35 fps or so.

I have an Intel Core i5-7200U as the CPU, Nvidia 920 MX as the GPU, and 8 GB RAM.

I know this is no gaming setup, but I do remember getting all 120 Power Stars on Galaxy 2 ( with 2x Internal Resolution even) using this very same system like 3 or 4 years ago (yes, this notebook is old), and I remember only getting annoyed by frame hiccups during Bowser's lava stage on world 2, and the Starship hub on world 3 (had to do with the shooting stars, probably), everything else seemed slick and smooth.

Can I get some help?
Post your graphics settings. Also make sure your computer is plugged in to power and that it is not running in any power saving mode.
[attachment=20721]
(11-23-2023, 07:47 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Post your graphics settings. Also make sure your computer is plugged in to power and that it is not running in any power saving mode.
There's also the sort of "sanity check" of basically turning off all graphics enhancements to just make sure you're not CPU-bottlenecked.