Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Internal titles for this Zelda compilation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hoy there, I'm from Zelda Wiki (the non-Fandom version) and I'm investigating a little mystery. There is a GameCube disc that contains The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and its Master Quest edition. But the name of this compilation itself is very ambiguous. There's no specific title on the box art, disc, manual, or in-game menu, though in some regions there are some minor differences in how it's presented.

Now to be clear, if it turns out the proper title of this compilation is simply:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest
or
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Master Quest
Then that's just fine! But I've checked many sources already; some use the / slash, some use the & ampersand, some use a - hyphen, some use nothing (Ocarina of Time Master Quest, which is just one of the two games), and some call it other things such as Ocarina of Time Bonus Disc.

So, I'm trying to check the internal software titles for more answers! Dolphin helpfully provides these, but I only have a dump of the North American release, and there are European, Japanese, Australian, and Korean versions as well.

First, there's this title on the main list:
[Image: DolphinZelda1.png]

Then when I right-click it, select Properties and then the Info tab, there are two names under "Game Details" and "Banner Details":
[Image: DolphinZelda2.png]

If anyone could provide me with these titles for the European (D43P01), Japanese (D43J01), Australian (D43U01 maybe?), and/or Korean (D43W01) releases, that would be much appreciated. Heart

Note: I got those ID numbers from gametdb.com, and noticed that all of them have a Korean title listed under the synopsis, for some reason. (The actual Korean release uses the wrong box art, just ignore that.) I can read Hangul and can tell that each one is just the English title rendered in the Korean alphabet, but I'm left wondering why it's even there? Does every GameCube disc have a Korean title in its data? Maybe that website is based in Korea and they just added them? Not a big deal, but if it's something from the disc's data, that could be important.
I've attached a screenshot of what Dolphin shows for the European version. Also, I can tell you that the disc has a logo saying just "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME", and the manual calls the disc "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME". (It also calls the disc a CD, which isn't right...)

(11-05-2023, 07:52 AM)HTW Wrote: [ -> ]Note: I got those ID numbers from gametdb.com, and noticed that all of them have a Korean title listed under the synopsis, for some reason. (The actual Korean release uses the wrong box art, just ignore that.) I can read Hangul and can tell that each one is just the English title rendered in the Korean alphabet, but I'm left wondering why it's even there? Does every GameCube disc have a Korean title in its data? Maybe that website is based in Korea and they just added them? Not a big deal, but if it's something from the disc's data, that could be important.

No, it's not from the disc's data. The GameCube IPL can't display Hangul, so not even games that are in Korean have the title listed in Hangul in the disc's data. GameTDB.com shouldn't be considered a trusted source for this kind of research, because people frequently add information without any specific basis. I've personally seen quite a few game variants with game IDs that don't exist in reality.
Thanks! You must be the one who responded to me on Discord. I just figured the request wouldn't get lost quite as quickly on a forum.

(11-05-2023, 08:58 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not from the disc's data. The GameCube IPL can't display Hangul, so not even games that are in Korean have the title listed in Hangul in the disc's data. GameTDB.com shouldn't be considered a trusted source for this kind of research, because people frequently add information without any specific basis. I've personally seen quite a few game variants with game IDs that don't exist in reality.
Makes sense. (both points.) That site was one of the top Google results, unfortunately.

Edit: Forgot to ask. I assume the title in the main window ("The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest") is the same for the European version?
(11-08-2023, 03:30 PM)HTW Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Forgot to ask. I assume the title in the main window ("The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest") is the same for the European version?

Yes. But this title is fetched from GameTDB.