Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: There is no "Edit Config" button, re game.ini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to figure out how to apply individual settings to games. The Wiki says "right-click the game from game list then choose Properties from the context menu, then click on the Edit Config button and edit the empty text file that pops up". I searched the Forum and saw another such instruction. 

My Dolphin does not have a "Edit Config" button. Under Game Config there is an Editor, but I can't just start typing in there. I'm thinking the software has changed since those instructions, can anyone tell me where/how to edit the game.ini, please? (I also dug around in where Dolphin saves many things, C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Dolphin Emulator, but didn't see a game.ini in there.)
You found almost the right spot. The default config is read only, which means you can't make changes to that. The user config is below what and that is what you can edit.
(09-26-2023, 04:40 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]You found almost the right spot. The default config is read only, which means you can't make changes to that. The user config is below what and that is what you can edit.

I appreciate the response, but I'm not seeing it. I'd paste a pic, but this is one of those sites where you have to use some other pic host site. Anyway, under Editor, I have Default Config (Read Only) up top, then I have User Config below, and in all of my games, I have a Presets button with several choices under that. I can't specify anything like game.ini, all I see are things like GCNE70.ini. Maybe there is some other buried option that has to be  turned on before I can have the ability to edit the game.ini? 
GCNE70.ini is a game INI file. There isn't supposed to be a file literally named "game.ini".
(09-26-2023, 06:49 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]GCNE70.ini is a game INI file. There isn't supposed to be a file literally named "game.ini".

I am so sorry, I did not read the Wiki carefully enough. You do state that..."GameINI is a plain text file with game's GameID as its file name and INI as its file extension." I didn't catch that part, I just kept looking for a button that isn't labeled that any more, and for a literal game.ini file.

Thank you very much for your time.