Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to successfully screenshot that monster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello !

I'm playing "Muramasa: the demon blade" and I'm trying to screenshot this dragon.
As you may see, there is a big square filter around the player that is ruining my tries to do a beautiful screenshot. I can't rid of it, it is following me everywhere.

So I used the free look to have the dragon outside the box. Unfortunately, if I move too far from the dragon he just despawns from the screen like here : despawn

Ultimately I tried to dump textures during the battle but it didn't work. Dolphin doesn't find any texture during the battle, so there is nothing to dump.

Do you have any advice or trick that would do the work ? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks ! Smile
Can you post your graphics settings, all 4 tabs? You may have a setting messing with you, since the game wiki doesn't show this issue
(09-23-2023, 03:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post your graphics settings, all 4 tabs? You may have a setting messing with you, since the game wiki doesn't show this issue

Sure, here is my graphic settings.

Btw the square is not a graphic bug, it is present in the original game. Actually it appeared because I zoomed out to take my screenshot.

This is the original view.
The FIFO Player(under Tools) has the ability to remove objects from being drawn from fifo recordings. If you are lucky, this is compatible with free look and the available options in the fifo player allow you to remove the unwanted box while not removing something you want.

Another option might be dumping efb or xfb targets. If something is on screen, looks like a texture, but isn't, it's possibly an efb copy. Again, not sure if this works together with free look.

PS: If the FIFO Player works out, I hope it works normally with the screenshot function. If so, you might want to check the option "Dump at Internal Resolution" and set the internet resolution to at least 8x, to get a screenshot at a higher resolution than your screen. Depending on how the dragon is drawn, you maybe can get an ultra high quality image. (to get an even higher internal resolution, set a hotkey to incease the internal resolution)
(09-24-2023, 05:10 AM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]The FIFO Player(under Tools) has the ability to remove objects from being drawn from fifo recordings. If you are lucky, this is compatible with free look and the available options in the fifo player allow you to remove the unwanted box while not removing something you want.

Another option might be dumping efb or xfb targets. If something is on screen, looks like a texture, but isn't, it's possibly an efb copy. Again, not sure if this works together with free look.

PS: If the FIFO Player works out, I hope it works normally with the screenshot function. If so, you might want to check the option "Dump at Internal Resolution" and set the internet resolution to at least 8x, to get a screenshot at a higher resolution than your screen. Depending on how the dragon is drawn, you maybe can get an ultra high quality image. (to get an even higher internal resolution, set a hotkey to incease the internal resolution)

Thank you very much, it worked with the FIFO player ! Big Grin

How to do :
1. Record a FIFO log of the game : Tools > FIFO player > Record.
2. Open your new FIFO log .dff file. Press F10 to pause the emulation.
3. Here there were 472 objects in 1 frame. Modify the object range values from 0 to 100. Return to the emulation, press F10 and check if you have what you want (or don't want)
4. Rinse and repeat until you find the correct object range.
4. Press F9 during the emulation to take a screenshot.

Here is the result