Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is Exclusive Ubershades recommended for RTX 3060
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do not know 100% if it'll fix it, but it's worth a try.

I'm also surprised that exclusive ubershaders caused lag. Was this the case even at 1x internal resolution with no anti-aliasing and no anisotropic filtering?

As for your PM on how to use CalibratingTools to enable dithering, this reddit post may help you:

(for reference, the email notifications for the forum threads doesn't work a lot of times, but I think PM email notification works without issue? I still prefer having info out in the open for others to read)
(09-24-2023, 09:44 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know 100% if it'll fix it, but it's worth a try.

I'm also surprised that exclusive ubershaders caused lag. Was this the case even at 1x internal resolution with no anti-aliasing and no anisotropic filtering?

As for your PM on how to use CalibratingTools to enable dithering, this reddit post may help you:

(for reference, the email notifications for the forum threads doesn't work a lot of times, but I think PM email notification works without issue? I still prefer having info out in the open for others to read)
Well speaking of my settings, I have 3x Native 8x MSAA and Force Linear and 16x anisotropic and I have my post processing effect as sharp_billeaner, it works really great and looks good
Are you saying 3x Native + 8x MSAA and exclusive ubershaders?

Because, if so, then it's no wonder you were having lag. Exclusive ubershaders is substantially more demanding so you would need to use lower graphical settings than you are able to manage with hybrid ubershaders.
(09-25-2023, 12:41 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying 3x Native + 8x MSAA and exclusive ubershaders?

Because, if so, then it's no wonder you were having lag.  Exclusive ubershaders is substantially more demanding so you would need to use lower graphical settings than you are able to manage with hybrid ubershaders.

well it worked fine with hybrid ubershaders also I had 2x MSAA before i turned on exclusive
Regarding stutters with exclusive ubershaders, while doing some various unrelated performance testing, I noticed that using OpenGL was giving some stutters that were completely absent in Vulkan. Interestingly, the actual GPU-bottlenecked performance was a little bit higher with OpenGL (maybe by only 7%).

That being said, this was with Intel Haswell graphics on Linux rather than Nvidia graphics on Windows, so I don't really know how applicable my results are.
(09-28-2023, 10:53 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding stutters with exclusive ubershaders, while doing some various unrelated performance testing, I noticed that using OpenGL was giving some stutters that were completely absent in Vulkan.  Interestingly, the actual GPU-bottlenecked performance was a little bit higher with OpenGL (maybe by only 7%).

That being said, this was with Intel Haswell graphics on Linux rather than Nvidia graphics on Windows, so I don't really know how applicable my results are.

I was using Direct3D12 when i used those, the game id i am encountering color banding and exclusive ubershaders lag on is R7PE01 its a wii game
Pages: 1 2