Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Anyone ever try running other PowerPC software on the dolphin emulator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried running other PowerPC software on the Dolphin emulator?  Like old Macintosh games for example.
That wouldn't work. You'd have to do a lot of changes to Dolphin's code to even get the programs to load.
you dont need to modify dolphin to run other power pc stuff. there are other emulators and virtual machines for that.
Well most powerpc emulators like qemu only run fast when they can take advantage of pass through instructions methods like kvm.  The cheapest powerpc computer you can buy is an old iMac off of ebay.  Those are getting harder to find.  Raptor computer is the cheapest option for a new computer that runs a powerPC chip.  The one area where powerpc chips are still used very heavily is in deep space applications.  Because you can get radiation tolerant powerpc chips.  What I would like to do is find a cheaper way for people to test there flight code.  I haven't figured out which is the better way to hacking into qemu or hacking into dolphin.