Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii Remote & Nunchuk don't work together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been able to successfully connect my Wii Remote to my PC, but am unable to get the Nunchuk to work.

However, Dolphin does not recognize the controller at all when I select `Real Wii Remote` from the drop down.

I also tried checking `Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers` in combination with `Emulated Wii Remote from the drop down next to `Wii Remote 1`. While Dolphin found the controller this way and I was able to map the buttons, the Nunchuk would not work (this is while I had `evdev0/0/Nintendo Wii Remote` selected in the drop-down.

I changed the drop-down from `evdev0/0/Nintendo Wii Remote` to `evdev0/0/Nintendo Wii Remote Nunchuk`. Now the Nunchuk was recognized and I could map it's buttons, but the Wii Remote was no longer recognized and the buttons were no longer detected as being pressed.

For context, I'm trying to play "New Play Control! Pikmin" for the Wii, so Wii Remote and Nunchuks are required.
The 'Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers' option should (once the Wiimote is connected *through Dolphin*, not through your OS) add a new selection in the dropdown, 'Bluetooth/0/Wii Remote' or similar. You can use that.

Alternatively, click the arrow next to the Refresh button in the controller mapping window and enable the 'Create mappings for other devices' option. That way you should be able to map both evdev devices at the same time.