Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Exclusive fullscreen won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
No matter what I try, I can't run Dolphin in exclusive fullscreen.
I'm on Windows 10 22H2 and every other game or emulator works fine in exclusive fullscreen. I can see it immediately since it makes my screen flash every time. 
I unticked "borderless fullscreen" in Dolphin settings, ticked "disable fullscreen optimizations" in dolphin.exe properties, tried every backend but it doesn't seem to make a difference, it stays in borderless or some pseudo borderless mode and I get horrible input lag.
Did I miss something ? 

My GPU is a GeForce GTX 1080, drivers v536.67
Can you test these two builds and report whether it works in either of them?

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/5bf...4ae406cf0/
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/029...36d194fad/

(you're not the first person I've seen report this and the other one, while very rude, did trace it back to this change, so I'm curious if you can verify that)
Oh and also please test all graphics backends (OGL, D3D11, D3D12, Vulkan) in case that makes a difference.
Ok after some more testing, it is more complex than I expected.
I realized the problem when I tried Ishiiruka custom build 2.4.2, since I wanted to try Project M EX Remix which definitely didn't want to switch to Exclusive Fullscreen whatever backend I try.
And the problem was very simple : Exclusive Fullscreen doesn't work at all when "Render to main window" is ticked in graphics settings.
But the problem still persisted, except in Direct3D 11 which seems to work fine in exclusive fullscreen (finally !!)
Usually in this mode my mouse pointer can't go on my other screens until I quit the game or switch to windowed mode, but not with Dolphin. I still don't know if it's normal but input lag is way better in this mode so I'll stick with that for now.
As for OpenGL and Vulkan I can confirm it doesn't work in exclusive fullscreen on every build I tried.
I have tested both builds you sent plus the one on my pc (5.0-19870) and the results are the same.
Didn't try D3D12 since it doesn't support it anyway.