Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: low Tos-battle-fps q.q
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

CroniX

I'm a total newby with Dolphin and please respect that when you answer :p
I'm currently playing Tales of Symphonia on it and when it comes to battles it slows down awfully.. like 20 fps or less.
I read the manual on this page and installed all those things.
I did that thing with the Taskkill order.
Still, it is slow in battles and on the worldmap.
Can someone pls tell me a hint to make it run faster, like buying another Gig ram or some other configs???

My PC:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4200+
1 Gig DDR2 ram
ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 (256 Mb DDR1 ram)

My Dolphin SVN R 2745 config for Tos:
en dual core,
en iddle skipping,
all 4 advanced,
use panic handlers..

fullscreen 1024x768,
native resolution,
Copy EFB to system RAM,
use safe texture cache.

Sry for this creepy english ^^'
The emulator is in very early state,the first thing to make is compatibility higher,than to optimize speed,i think.
These slowdowns are on my system too,don't using "native resolution" make the game looking much better and increase the speed a little bit.
Using safe texture cache would slow down the system if you don't have any graphic glitches,i believe...I'm not using it.

CroniX

Thank you for the fast answer ^^
Unfortunatly nothing changed.. does it help when I buy another gig ram?
mate your cpu is well better than mine, i get maybe 30fps in battle, later on in small battle i get 55fps. turn down ur resolution to 640x480 for a start.
I don't think that more memory will do it,256MB (which is reserved for graphics) is enough.If system is out of memory,it's swapping on the hard drive,which will only slow down the system,but not no more display textures.
Maybe you start the game in windowed mode and look to your free memory left
Dolphin is strictly CPU, just about EVERYTHING goes through the CPU before they get passed on to the rest of the system... that will be the biggest bottleneck of all. If you want more FPS, get a better CPU. An Athlon 4200 is fairly outdated as it is. I would recommend getting either an AMD phenom or greater or an Intel Q6600 or greater. The next thing I would say is to get more RAM, 1GB is not much these days. I recommend at least 2, if not more.

CroniX

I thought there were a trick like the thing with the Taskkill ^^'
Thx for all the responds. So it has to be a better PC .__.
Looks like I will buy a new one soon.
You can turn off other audio for more speed but there will be no music
u only have to turn off other music(throttle) to get mad fps, but then it really is mad fps so it will be too fast.
I can play ToS at full speed with 2.4 Ghz. Your CPU has 2.2 Ghz. Maybe you could overclock it a bit. But this could damage your system and you will lost the quarantee!!!
My Config:
ENABLED:
Basic settings:

-All Basic settings (general Tab)
-All advanced settings

OpenGl Config:

-antisoptic filter: 4x
-MSAA:off
Copy EFB to GL Texture (hack)

Maybe it could help you.Wink
Pages: 1 2