Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will Dolphin get an 20th Anniversary Video???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm Really Interested cuz, i Liked so much the 10th Anniversary Video, and this year, Dolphin completes 2 decades of being the best Wii/GC Emulator, so i want to know if Dolphin will get an 20th anniversary
Didn't realize this was coming up. I'd love to see one too.
Probably not. JMC was the primary editor on the previous videos, and I helped a bit with editing, sourcing, reviewing, etc. For both of us... we're just too busy. I'm working on a GUI, JMC has real life stuff, etc etc. Plus there was the whole Steam thing and talking to lawyers about that, and some recent major departures have left a bit of a vacuum that all dolphin devs have had to pitch in to help fill.

So yea, no video. Not unless you happen to know a great story teller and editor who wants to volunteer a few hundred hours of their time on short notice.
We'll lend you OpenMW's zero-member video production team if you lend us Dolphin's blog-writing team.

At least with your difficulties, it stops so many people demanding OpenMW produces as much PR content as you've really set a high bar, and plenty of people on the internet wildly underestimate how much work goes into that kind of thing.