Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Swiss Hangs in Latest Dolphin Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to run the latest version of swiss using any of the listed methods (running through the .iso, .dol or .elf files), Dolphin hangs and becomes reportedly unresponsive by Windows 10. I haven't exactly been sure of what to do to try to fix this, so I've tried running it under various graphical settings, like changing from Vulkan to Direct3D11 or OpenGL, but nothing changes. I would have run it under the debugging interface, but I'm not exactly sure how to interpret it.

I decided to use Swiss because the widescreen codes for games like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker have various issues that I hear are (somewhat, at least) remedied in Swiss. For example, the save menu's graphical assets in Twilight Princess don't properly extend to the left and right of the screen when using the widescreen gecko code.

I do use Windows 10 Enterprise IoT Edition, which may be partially causing issues with Dolphin. For example, the Vulcan renderer is broken for me, whereas (last I checked a few months ago) on Windows 10 Pro functions perfectly well on the Vulcan renderer.
What is the last version that Swiss worked on for you?
(08-14-2023, 12:29 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]What is the last version that Swiss worked on for you?

Honestly? This is the first time I've tried Swiss.
Neither the latest nor the previous versions of Swiss have worked on the latest Beta or Dev channels.
On further investigation into the matter, v0.6 r1362 from August 18, 2022 is the last one that boots correctly, although none of the ones I've tried (as far back as v0.6 r1236 from November 19, 2021) has accepted any controller inputs.
Oh, that's not what I meant. What is the last version of Dolphin that worked with Swiss for you.
Sorry about the misread, lol. I haven't really tried it on another version of Dolphin; just figured I'd try now, and it didn't work. If necessary, I can start working my way through previous versions of Dolphin to see which one worked although, due to the nature of both Dolphin and Swiss, I would have to probably try multiple different versions of Swiss on each Dolphin version.