Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Brightness/Contrast or Gamma controls on modern devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dolphin today is not a classic PC software, it thrives on mobile devices too and now I am using it on my XBox via unofficial UWP port.

It's no more viable to tweak monitor settings per each emulator, not talking about each game. For example Need For Speed: Most Wanted on GameCube is way brighter than any other port. You can check my words by simply opening youtube, there are multiple videos comparing different ports of NFS MW and each and every video portraits GameCube version as grey, shadowless game. Which it isn't, it just wan't you to half the brightness. But then what to do with any other game? I have 4k HDR tv, it's very bright and modern games play well with it. Not the case with old ones.

The problem is that I cannot edit brightness in-game, there is simply no such option. My only option is TV's brightness but it completely messes up with other content I am watching or playing, like other emulators or games or shows.

Can you help me overcoming this? Or maybe we can push this change to the future development?

Thanks.