Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with USB Passthrough for Rock Band games?: game doesn't detect drumkit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I need some help with setting up Rock Band on Dolphin. I have a white drumkit that came with Rock Band 1 Special Edition, and I used it all the time with my physical Wii to play Rock Band and Rock Band 3. However, I've been trying to set up Dolphin to play these games, and I can't get it to work. The PC does detect it as "Harmonix Drum Controller For Nintendo Wii", but Dolphin shows it as "Unknown". While troubleshooting, I found out that the PID for RB1 drumkits is usually 3138, but mine shows up as 0005. Maybe the problem has something to do with that?

Since you can still whitelist devices despite being shown as "Unknown", I tried anyways, but the game doesn't detect that a drumkit is plugged in, and the drumkit has no player light turned on.

Can anyone help, please?
To make sure: Did you run Zadig?
(07-10-2023, 07:14 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]To make sure: Did you run Zadig?
I  did see Zadig mentioned on several threads when looking for help, but I don't understand exactly what it does beyond "it replaces drivers", so I haven't used it
If you don't use it, then Dolphin won't see your drum kit. Replacing the driver for the device you want to passthrough with libusb is the whole foundation for USB Passthrough to work...
lol I am just stupid then. i used zadig and it immediately worked