Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, a new user of Dolphin here. I was amazed at the quality of the emulator. I expected nothing to run well at all, but I can play games like Brawl and Mario Galaxy very well.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is because I was curious about the recording option under the Emulator menu. Is it finalized at all? I tried messing with it but I couldn't figure out what I'm supposed to do exactly. I had a hilarious match in Brawl against some bots and I was able to record it (from in the game itself where you hit Z after a match to save it). I simply want to record that recording (lol) to a suitable format.

I tried FRAPS, but it eats away at my FPS too much and the recordings basically come out in slow motion, and you can't set the FPS higher than 30 in FRAPS. Hypercam is really shoddy and records at horrible quality. Setting no compression simply doesn't let it record at all.

So if you guys have any info on this, please let me know. I read a very old topic about it and people stated the recording feature wasn't finished yet, but it was a pretty old topic. There's been a lot of revisions since. Big Grin

Before I forget, system specs in case the need arises:

GPU: GTS 250 512MB

CPU: Core2Duo E6400 2.13ghz

RAM: 3gb DDR2 (Do not know speeds since it's proprietary Dell ram...yuck)