Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NFL2k3 (GC), nothing after intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Busforever

Hello everyone, I tried to play 2fl2k3 (ah, memories!). But after intro, i've got the message "unknown pointing adress prefix 55", I clic on "continue" and I got another: "GFX FIFO unknown opcode (0x1)", plus a full of warning codes, and finaly the game freezes at start screen (sometimes i can see the picture of Brian Urlacher, sometimes it's just a black screen). I tried both graphic plug-in, but it's not working. Also, I tried to enable and disable Dual Core, but results are the same.

I also tried to lauch the game with 4525 versions of of Dolphin, and the result is a little different: always the message "GFX FIFO unknown opcode 0x1" after intro, but the game lauch, extremely slow. It can crash, but even if it's not, it's too slow to be playable. The VPS is 10/60 (13%). And the sound is not good: disturbed, noise, repetitions... Same config as with the last version.

I don't know if I can do anything. I didn't see a post on this game, but maybe some guys resolved the same problem with another game?

My PC: dual core E6750 (2,14 GHZ), 2 go Ram, Geforce 8600GTS.

Thanks
what are your settings?

Busforever

(01-10-2010, 01:22 AM)momkey78 Wrote: [ -> ]what are your settings?

GENERAL:
- Enable Dual Core (same thing when disabled) and Idle Skipping. Cheats are disabled
- Framelimit: auto
- Advanced: HLE to IPL is activated; CPU Emulator engine is JIT Recompiler; Lock threads to core is not activated (same thing when activated); Optimize Quantizers and DSP on threads are activated.

GAMECUBE:
I've got a memory card in the slot A (same result when there is nothing)

PLUGINS:
- Open GL
- DSP-HLE
- Pad nJoy

GRAPHIC:
- in "general" part, everything is disactivated, except autoscale (1x). Resolution is "native".
- in "advanced" part, everything is desactivated (even the hacks)

DSP:
- HLE, DTK and Audio Throttle are enable, not RE0 hack.

Thanks,
update your dx9 and graphics drivers

Busforever

It's done. I'm on XP (SP3), I've got DirectX 9.0c, and the 6.14 driver from nVidia (the most recent I've found)
was there a change in performance

Busforever

(01-10-2010, 03:12 AM)momkey78 Wrote: [ -> ]was there a change in performance

Not with the latest version of Dolphin (4771), because the game always freezes after intro.
With the 4525 version, the game is still playing in "slow motion" (i mean really slow motionBig Grin). The game runs with 20-40 FPS, and 10-20% VPS. I didn't compare the numbers, but I would say there is a very light improvement.
Also, the sound is bad (especially with repetitions, as if you were clicking 30 times on the same button, 20 times the sound of a tackle...)