Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MKWII Netplay + GC controllers not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to anyone who sees this :3
I was wondering how me and my gf can play Mario kart Wii together. we've both got the exact same iso, exact same dolphin build and i've mapped my binds to port 1 and her binds have been set to port 2, we're both using the game cube controller cause it sounds like a pain to emulate a wiimote and i've sent my config to her and shes sent hers to me and we've both put them in the same ports, yet when we go to do 2 player she cant connect her controller. I've had a look on the netplay guide as well and it says that user 2, uses port 1? idk if that was a typo or it just works like that but i'd appreciate any help or advice someone could give me ty!
(06-14-2023, 11:23 AM)Rynezora Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a look on the netplay guide as well and it says that user 2, uses port 1? idk if that was a typo or it just works like that

That is how it works. Both players set up controls for port 1.
(06-14-2023, 11:42 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That is how it works. Both players set up controls for port 1.
because we both don't have the exact same controller is there any way to work around this other than buying the same controller?
You don't need to have the same controller. Just set up different controller configurations on your PC and the other PC.