Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [FIXED] Super Mario Galaxy fps drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: Using OpenGL instead of Nulkan runs fine

Hello,

I have fps drops with Super Mario Galaxy, generally runs perfect at 60 fps, but when there is more graphics load on the screen, fps drops and the sound stutters. I've tried to lower the settings to minimum (640x480, noAA, etc) but the problem remains exactly the same (exactly same fps drops and sound stutters in exactly same locations).

CPU usage is 20-25% even when fps drops, GPU usage 80-85%

Dolphin version 5.0-19368, runs in i5 7500, GTX 1070 and 16 GB RAM (yeah, it's a potato in 2023, but however Super Mario 3D World in CEMU or Super Mario Oddysey in yuzu runs perfect without fps drops... very strange).

Any idea? Thanks!!
Probably either some sort of power saving or shader stutter (for minimum shader stutters try D3D(11) hybrid ubershaders or any backend with exclusive). Or even skip drawing if you want to be sure it isn't shader related.
Finally I've fixed it using Open GL (I don't understand why but it works).
Might need to add a profile in the Nvidia Control Panel for Dolphin.exe and set the Power Management to "Prefer maximum performance"