Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Star Fox Adventures [PAL] black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to launch Star Fox Adventures I get a black screen. No crash or error it just seems to hang.

I stopped playing the game well over a year ago, and decided to try playing it now and can't think of why it's not working. I'm on the latest build, so there is a possibility that a build is causing issues or even my settings, but I'm not an expert as to which.

If you need more information please let me know (specs are on my profile).
Have you changed any of the settings at Config > Advanced?
I wondered if it might be that, because although I haven't played that game, I have played other games on occasion, and fiddled with the settings here and there. One thing I tried to do was move the GFX.ini file out of the config folder in documents. My assumption there was that it would be recreated from scratch and thus default settings. I also made sure to delete all cache files for the game, as I read somewhere that it can cause such errors.

Do you think I should backup my memory card and reinstall Dolphin from scratch? Can't do it now a bit too late, but can do it tomorrow and report if that helped.
(06-06-2023, 07:27 AM)Renfrew Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I tried to do was move the GFX.ini file out of the config folder in documents. My assumption there was that it would be recreated from scratch and thus default settings.

That will restore your graphics settings to the default, but not the rest of the settings. You'll have to move/remove Dolphin.ini for that.
Oh I see, my mistake I thought that it would only be the graphics that affected that. I did as you instructed and it's working now. Thank you for your help!