Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to create a script that feeds inputs into Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to make a TAS, and there's a particular trick that's very position, momentum, and angle dependent, and blindly attempting it isn't really getting me anywhere. Only two other people in the game's community have ever done it successfully, and they're both no longer active on social media. So, I'd like to make a script that starts from a save state, feeds a string of inputs into Dolphin, and after X number of frames, checks game memory to see if the relevant collectable counter has increased or not. If not, it reloads the save state, and tries a slightly different set of inputs (mainly control stick angle). I know next to nothing about coding, so this is something I'd have to commission someone else to write, but for the time being I'm mostly just wondering if there's any way to even have something like this interface with the emulator properly.
I'm not a TASer but I think that is beyond our current TAS capabilities. However, some devs are working on improving our scripting support for better TAS options. You may want to give this a try - https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/11540