Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Idea for virtual Wii Controllers (Virtual Cursor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using an Xbox Controller to play 'Animal Crossing: City Folk' for the longest time now, and the lack of a Virtual Cursor is irritating me!
It would be amazing if you could add some kind of Virtual Cursor to Dolphin, since it would improve me and many other's experiences.

What I am currently doing is, holding the left stick down to show the cursor and then dragging the joystick to an item, and that hurts really bad after a while and is very inaccurate and shaky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVqbfsASf-8

The kind of Virtual Cursor I would like to see is, Clicking the left thumbstick once, and then just being able to freely move and it staying there when I let go.
Heres how it would look like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jiPWe_a_Vc (this was done with mouse and keyboard but should show what im going for)

I hope a Virtual Cursor can be implemented in the future! I would be really thankful! Heart
What do you mean by "Virtual Cursor"?
(05-21-2023, 08:10 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "Virtual Cursor"?

Damn yall are quick! I just edited my post with an idea of what a Virtual Cursor could be
(05-21-2023, 08:10 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by "Virtual Cursor"?

Dont know where my previous reply went, im pretty new to this forum..
I have edited my post with an idea of what a Virtual Cursor could be!
What you're describing is already possible.

(05-21-2023, 08:09 PM)ErwinK007 Wrote: [ -> ]Clicking the left thumbstick once

I'm assuming that right now, you have "Hide" mapped to something like !`Left Thumb`? If so, change it to toggle(`Left Thumb`).

(05-21-2023, 08:09 PM)ErwinK007 Wrote: [ -> ]and then just being able to freely move and it staying there when I let go.

Turn on Relative Input.
(05-22-2023, 06:13 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What you're describing is already possible.

I'm assuming that right now, you have "Hide" mapped to something like !`Left Thumb`? If so, change it to toggle(`Left Thumb`).

Turn on Relative Input.

Thank you so much! Didnt know this existed or rather what they were, I got it all working like I wanted it to! And yes, thats how I played it like before. Much love!! Heart