Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with integrated dolphin bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! When using 4 gba packs from the pokemon games in Pokemon Colosseum using the integrated mGBA, colosseum will read the last 3 gba packs but will not read the first one. Once the last 3 are connected, it won't return to connect the first one, as it skips the first one initially. After this, the gba packs reboot and the colosseum game goes into an infinite loading loop.

I'm uploading a video to show.

Don't know if this is fixable.
I'm confused as to what you are trying to do, are you trying to play with 4 GBAs or 3 and a GC controller?
(05-21-2023, 10:22 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm confused as to what you are trying to do, are you trying to play with 4 GBAs or 3 and a GC controller?

So, even with 3 GBAs and a GC controller causes issues, it basically does the same thing (soft loops the game and the subs reboot.)

I noticed it works fine with only 2 gbas though.

But yes, with 4 GBAs.
It's been over a decade since I did this but IIRC it skipping GBA 1 is accurate console behavior, it should get to it after GBA 4 -- I assume it's so you can swap the controller in port 1 to GBA while port 2/3/4 is already doing the connecting.

But yeah, something is definitely broken here based on the video. Have you tried if disabling Dual Core changes anything? Or enabling MMU?
(05-22-2023, 10:03 AM)AdmiralCurtiss Wrote: [ -> ]It's been over a decade since I did this but IIRC it skipping GBA 1 is accurate console behavior, it should get to it after GBA 4 -- I assume it's so you can swap the controller in port 1 to GBA while port 2/3/4 is already doing the connecting.

But yeah, something is definitely broken here based on the video. Have you tried if disabling Dual Core changes anything? Or enabling MMU?

MMU is enabled. I disabled dual core as well as tweaked all the compatibility settings on and off, including DSP
Cheats behaving differently between Dolphin and Console is annoying but not surprising, we handle them differently compared to a real Action Replay disc. I *think* if you launch it as you would on console (as in, boot an Action Replay disc dump and enter the codes in there) it should behave the same.

> EDIT 2: Just noticed that whenever I try to hook up the gba adapter for player 1 after running the game with the gamecube controller, the emulator will hang and crash

Can you describe the exact steps here in detail?
(05-24-2023, 05:18 AM)AdmiralCurtiss Wrote: [ -> ]Cheats behaving differently between Dolphin and Console is annoying but not surprising, we handle them differently compared to a real Action Replay disc. I *think* if you launch it as you would on console (as in, boot an Action Replay disc dump and enter the codes in there) it should behave the same.

>  EDIT 2: Just noticed that whenever I try to hook up the gba adapter for player 1 after running the game with the gamecube controller, the emulator will hang and crash

Can you describe the exact steps here in detail?

[quote pid='530024' dateline='1684869515']
I just booted the action replay disc dump and tried it that method, but it did the same thing, this time on player 3 of 4. Sad I wonder if it also does it now with an actual gamecube? Can't test because I don't own 4 gbas anymore.
[/quote]
[quote pid='530024' dateline='1684869515']

As for the gamecube controller issue, I just run the game, do each controller after getting to the place where I insert the controllers to hook up the games, then at anytime, change from standard controller to gba, and it will hang.
[/quote]

Just tested with the cheats off

Still crashes the emulator.