Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to bind wii guitar extension inputs on emulated wii remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am having issues related to my wiimote and netplay with Rock Band 2. When playing in single player, using the Wii Remote 1 configured to Real Wii Remote, there are no issues and the guitar and Wii remote work normally. However, when I play on Netplay, Dolphin no longer recognizes inputs from my guitar. I have enabled connect wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers, however when I go to configure the Wii Remote, it recognizes all button inputs from my Wii remote, but none from the guitar controller when I try to bind the extension controls.

Is this a limitation that extensions have difficulties on Netplay when using real wii remotes? I was unable to find any solutions to help with this. Thank you in advance!
As far as I know, support for guitars hasn't been implemented for "Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers". You would have to use some sort of workaround to get your PC to detect the guitar as a normal controller (the way you would do for PC games like Clone Hero) and then map that to the emulated guitar controller in Dolphin.
Thank you for the response! We were able to get the guitar to work by using a 3rd party program and all inputs worked fine.