Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 2x Resolution Screen Smearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Matt93

Hi, I'm having a problem when i select 2x resolution in Dolphin. It upscales, but the right side of the screen is smeared. This happens in any game i play, whether it be Wii or Gamecube. I've messed with the settings and this always happens when 2x resolution is selected. How can this be fixed?

[Image: 2xscreensmear.jpg]
Try to increase screen/window resolution

Matt93

I already have. This is happening no matter what size the window is displaying at or even full screen 1920x1080. I've tried different anisotropic filtering and antialiasing, cropping, different aspect ratios and everything. This still happens whenever i select 2x resolution.
i often get that if i use opengl, but never when i use d3d, and fortunately d3d is often better at fps and stability than opengl.

Matt93

I see. Sounds promising. Where can I find a download of the Direct3D plugin?
(01-10-2010, 12:31 PM)Matt93 Wrote: [ -> ]I see. Sounds promising. Where can I find a download of the Direct3D plugin?

u dont need to download the plugin, they ALL come inside each build. if u cant select the d3d9 plugin then update your Dx9.

and to prevent that bug with the x2 option, set your resoluton to 720p(1280x720) or 1080p and so on.

Matt93

Thanks for the info! Works like a charm!