Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game FREEZING in the first second after starting a MULTIPLAYER room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm experiencing an issue on multiplayer that I'd like to solve. When I try to play Mario Kart Wii online with friends, the game freezes in the first few seconds after starting. I've tried several solutions, such as checking Dolphin's settings, verifying the game ROM, and adjusting the graphics settings, but the problem persists.
I would like to add that I have been able to play with friends without any previous issues for a few months now, both in Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. Melee, as well as in Mario Party 6 (never with this friends though).

Here are my system specifications:

Operating System: Windows 10
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G
GPU: Radeon RX Vega 11 (Integrated Graphics)
RAM: 16 GB

I'm using the latest version of Dolphin and have verified that my internet connection is stable. I've also checked that the controller settings and ports are set up correctly. I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this problem.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions for solving this issue. If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has any advice on how to fix it, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.
How are you playing online with them? Dolphin Netplay, or using a community Wii server?
I'm using Dolphin Netplay, and hosting through "Traversal" server. Direct hosting isn't working either.
Just for some clarity, is Mario Kart Wii having issues with a new friend that you've not played the other games with? And for the friends you have played with, have you tried Mario Kart Wii with them and had any issues?