Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: in need of help with my dolphin emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a gaming laptop and it runs pc and steam games well but for some reason i cant get it to run dolphin without frame drops or lagging can someone please help me if possible? Undecided heres my pc specs if it will help with anything i would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what the issue could be since again this is a gaming laptop can run steam or any other heavy games but for some reason i cant run dolphin or pcsx2 right.
As a gaming laptop, you can check your power settings to make sure you're not going into a low power state:
1. Play with the power charger plugged in and with the vents clear of obstructions
2. In Windows Power settings, use the High Performance Power plan when playing Dolphin. You can switch back to other power plans when on battery and doing other things, but keep to High Performance when playing in Dolphin.
3. In Nvidia's Control Panel, set the Power Management to "Prefer maximum performance". Don't force any other settings from the Nvidia Control Panel.
4. Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed.
(04-17-2023, 10:34 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]As a gaming laptop, you can check your power settings to make sure you're not going into a low power state:
1. Play with the power charger plugged in and with the vents clear of obstructions
2. In Windows Power settings, use the High Performance Power plan when playing Dolphin. You can switch back to other power plans when on battery and doing other things, but keep to High Performance when playing in Dolphin.
3. In Nvidia's Control Panel, set the Power Management to "Prefer maximum performance". Don't force any other settings from the Nvidia Control Panel.
4. Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

yeah hi i did all the stuff u said and still no luck I'm legit at a lost of what to do it was already set to high performance so i tried ultimate performance did the nividia control panel power management then u said and and all the drivers are updated and when i try to run a game im still getting super low frame rates and audio breaks I'm trying multiple games and they all give me the same results