Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Disable dolphin bluetooth capabilities?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone?

Probably the problem is wiimotelib. Any chance to make a build without wiimotelib for testing purposes?
AFAICT Dolphin hadn't used WiimoteLib for ages. You can't remove something that's not there anymore...
Thanks. So then it could be related to dolphin resetting bt adapter? (is it possible at all?) Only wiimotes loss pairing. Other devices arent affected.

How dolphin interact with wiimotes in non passthrough if it isnt wiimotelib? Any custom lib?
So, I don't want to sound rude, but if you ever want to see this fixed, you'll likely have to fix whatever is causing this problem by yourself. Bumping this thread from time to time will not (and have not) done anything towards resolving this.

I'm not aware of any currently active Dolphin developer working with controller inputs apart from Jordan Woyak (and only occasionally). In fact, most active developers don't even visit those forums anymore. On top of that, I don't think your particular setup which triggers the issue is common, you're essentially using a Windows-only software that was last updated over 5 years ago (by the way, based on your reports, Dolphin doesn't even break the app, only make its usage a bit inconvenient). Wiimotes are becoming even harder to find as each day passes, and your average gamer/user will likely jump to newer controllers that are more readily available and capable (e.g. Joy-Con) instead of fiddling with outdated software/hardware.

If that really bothers you, I think it's time to get your hands dirty and fix the problem by yourself. Both Dolphin and Touchmote are open-source, go research how both apps deals with the Wiimote pairing/connection and develop a fix you can then PR for review and (eventually) merge...
Thanks for the advice.
After exhaustive testing, problem started with this build https://es.dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/...8309f7f67/

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/8575

5.0-11684 InputCommon: Add support for Wii Remotes in ControllerInterface (PR n.º 8575 de jordan-woyak)

Seems like continous scan is always on, besides disabling on dolphin ui?
Do you think it will be possible to compile an actual build of Dolphin without that commit?
If you clone Dolphin's repo, the command would be:
Code:
git revert 2b6a1ee4d87a80418ade913e15745d78309f7f67

Without knowing stuff, I'd guess that the command would fail as it touched a lot of files, so there have almost certainly been changes since that depend on that commit having happened.

If it doesn't, then you'd just build Dolphin as normal.
Hi. Thanks for that info.

It changes some files, was reading the affected files, but dont think it will break Dolphin. Will take a look on how to compile it.

Found this guide about compiling https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-tu...le-dolphin A little old, but lets see how it goes.
(01-17-2024, 07:05 AM)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I was trying to compile Dolphin for windows, bit no luck, since the only tutorial I found is pretty old.

I just want to build a Dolphin win64 without a particular commit.

As you may see here https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-di...ies?page=2

Could you build a dolphin win64 exe without that commit? Or do you have any linux guide for this?

Doesnt matter if the buikd is a little old (Ser there are report of problems compiling latest builds)

Thanks.

Hey Trihy,
I got your DM, but can't respond because of account permissions. I found a more up-to-date guide on compiling on Windows here, it might help you out. I don't personally use windows anymore, so if you need any help with it I can't do much; also know that compiling programs on Windows can sometimes be involved. On the other hand, if you are willing to compile it on Linux, I'd be happy to see what I can do to help. Hope this helps.
Pages: 1 2 3