Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WASAPI audio backend not outputting to speakers, stuck with high audio latency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am currently having issues with high audio latency using the Cubeb Audio backend, which is really annoying for games that require precisely timed inputs, such as rhythm games. I have tried using WASAPI, which I have used in the past within digital audio workstations to reduce audio latency. However, dolphin doesn't seem to output any sound to my Yamaha Steinberg Cl1 audio interface with WASAPI. While running a game with this backend, with the output set to the Cl1 interface, I can hear other audio from my pc through the interface, such as the sound Windows makes when adjusting volume, which I think indicates that dolphin is not sending an exclusive audio stream to the interface (or it's just not getting there for some reason). This is really weird, as the WASAPI backend does seem to work with my (very poor) laptop speakers, and helps reduce latency by a wide margin. These speakers make these sorts of games really unplayable, though. WASAPI works currently with my interface within the program REAPER, so this makes me think that this is an issue with dolphin, rather than my hardware. Despite this, I have still reinstalled my interface's drivers, to no avail. I have also updated dolphin to the latest development version.

Could there be some solution to this? Thank you!