Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Move GC save files from PC to Android Dolphin5.0-18498
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Dolphin 5.0-18498 on both my PC and Android. I'm trying to copy some of the .gci save files from my PC to the Android device.

When I do this I get the message: "This file doesn't seem to contain Dolphin user data."

My process is as follows:

1. On my Android I go to Settings > Config > User Data > Export User Data.
2. That gives me a .zip which can be extracted to contain the user data folders (Config, Dump, GameSettings, GC, etc)
3. I have dolphin installed on my PC (Ubuntu 22.04) through flatpak. So the save files are in /home/$user/.var/app/org.DolphinEmu.dolphin-emu/data/dolphin-emu/GC/USA/Card A/
4. I copy the desired .gci files from the /Card A/ location on the PC to the same in the extracted user data folder (path looks like dolphin-emu/GC/USA/Card A/)
5. I zip the user data folder back up
6. On the Android device I use the button in Settings > Config > User Data > Import User Data
7. I get the message "This file doesn't seem to contain Dolphin user data."

If I do the same process of unzipping and zipping the user data folder and import it without moving any .gci files into the user data folders, importing works.

What am I doing wrong here?