Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't get my real Wii remote's pointer to work on Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently, I just found a way to add a real wiimote to Dolphin so I can play Wii games on there, and it works very well..... mostly. I'm now coming across a new problem where Dolphin will not read my Wiimote's pointer whatsoever. Do I need a Wii sensor bar for this? Or can I get this to work without a sensor bar?
You need something that does the same job as a sensor bar, but that doesn't strictly need to be an actual sensor bar. The sensor bar's basically just two sources of infrared light a fixed distance from each other, so you can use alternative sources, such as two candles or two TV remotes with the buttons held down with weights of some kind.
(03-28-2023, 04:15 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]You need something that does the same job as a sensor bar, but that doesn't strictly need to be an actual sensor bar. The sensor bar's basically just two sources of infrared light a fixed distance from each other, so you can use alternative sources, such as two candles or two TV remotes with the buttons held down with weights of some kind.

so then you are saying that i can take 2 tv remotes and tape them to the top of my laptop and it will work? or can i use the wii sensor bar???
Yeah, both should work, although some modern TV remotes are radio-only, or will turn off their IR LED if a button's held in long enough, so your milage may vary.