Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Create Save files with some DLCs installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I installed Dolphin today to play Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock on Wii.
I have the games and some .wad installed, and they work, but there is a problem:
Thince I installed the DLCs with.wad files, i cant create new saves in my games (no more storage)

Do you have any solution to create new savefiles to have a progress in game?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry for the mistakes i'm french.
You have to dump your DLC in a way that doesn't produce huge WAD files. If you have a large amount of DLC on the SD card on your Wii, my recommended way of dumping it for use in Dolphin is to make a NAND dump from the Wii, import the NAND dump in Dolphin, and then copy the files from the real SD card to Dolphin's virtual SD card.
Sorry for this, but I have the same problem.

I have 7 gb of DLC from GH WOR and can make new saves. Tried to make a 16 gb virtual SD but when I try to transfer the DLC it doesn't work.

There's a way to handle this? pls
(03-25-2023, 01:17 PM)Herr Dethnout Wrote: [ -> ]Tried to make a 16 gb virtual SD but when I try to transfer the DLC it doesn't work.

When you try to transfer the DLC from where, using what method? And can you clarify what you mean by "doesn't work"? Is there an error message?
(03-25-2023, 05:33 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]When you try to transfer the DLC from where, using what method? And can you clarify what you mean by "doesn't work"? Is there an error message?

I'm trying to transfer the DLC from Dolphin's Wii Menu emulation, but everytime I tried a message saying that the "Content doesn't transfer".

Also, when I try to transfer MM10 dlc It to the SD it actually works. :/
If you've put 7 GB of DLC in the NAND, then no, that isn't going to work. You simply can't put that much data in the NAND.
You'll have to manage the installed DLCs from the game itself, not from the Wii Menu. If you move them to the virtual SD Card through the Wii Menu, the game won't recognize them anymore...
(03-28-2023, 04:35 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to manage the installed DLCs from the game itself, not from the Wii Menu. If you move them to the virtual SD Card through the Wii Menu, the game won't recognize them anymore...

Do these games, like Guitar Hero,allow you to move DLC  to the SD card from within the game itself?
(04-04-2023, 04:15 AM)kn4thx Wrote: [ -> ]Do these games, like Guitar Hero,allow you to move DLC  to the SD card from within the game itself?

Yes.