Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote emulation not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nnat

I'm using a PS3 controller which is emulatiing an Xbox360 controller... and it works fine in other games and such; even works for Muramasa in Dolphin, i.e. works as a Gamecube gamepad just fine.

Then I tried Super Mario Galaxies... it doesn't detect a wiimote. Wiimote plugin config sees the controller, the analog indicators move around, and I can even map the buttons... but it doesn't work ingame. I tried different recent builds of Dolphin; went back to a three month old one--no change. I tired messing with the different settings, turning off and on real wii remote, mapped the buttons to the keyboard... nothing works. So the game is just not seeing a Wii remote. I would test another game that doesn't support a GC gamepad, but I don't have any handy, lol.

BTW, I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.

Any ideas?

nnat

Bump. Confused
Which revision do you use with which settings?

nnat

Orleans' 4789, 4790, & 4794(32-bit, the rest 64-bit)
dolphin team's 4771 & 4525
one of WhiteZero's builds and another one; I forget which.

I'm not sure which settings you are curious about; I messed with those that seemed likely on various builds. Mostly I think they should work on default settings and none did.

nnat

Well, I got it to work. I'm not sure how; just seemed to suddenly do so, lol. The game runs like crap unfortunately.