Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil 4 (GC) European version question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i'm playing the European PAL version, but the game seems to only play in 30 fps (though the vps is shown as 50) and this results in a very stuttery image overall.

Any way to play it in 25 fps, like a normal PAL game?
I can't remember if RE4 supports this but try holding B (as in, your gamecube controller's mapped B button) on boot and see if you get a prompt to switch to 60Hz mode. That should run much better.
I was actually trying to play at 25fps/50vps (mostly for battery saving purposes, on Deck). However, it seems that no RE4 pal version ever had proper "pal" framerates sadly.
Playing this version on a pal TV back then, was a stuttery mess, and no way around it, it seems.
If you're playing a game on a European PAL version of the Wii, it should be running at 50 frames per second (fps) to match the PAL standard.........
(02-19-2023, 02:41 AM)arjunsuhass Wrote: [ -> ]If you're playing a game on a European PAL version of the Wii, it should be running at 50 frames per second (fps) to match the PAL standard.........

You would hope so, but for many games it isn't actually the case.