Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to Change Audio and Dump Directory?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Don't Wanna Waste My OneDrive 108GB Storage, So I Wanna Change the Directory. But I Do Not Know How.
We moved the default Global User Directory location in windows to %AppData% recently, and one of the reasons was to avoid that very scenario. Details will be in the Progress Report. However this only applies to new users. To apply this, you'll need to remove dolphin's global user directory. So go to [your user account name]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator, and move cut and paste that whole folder somewhere else. Then, download and run the latest DEV build (beta will be getting this in a few days), and run it. None of your information will be there, that's fine, you backed it up. Now in Dolphin, click File in the menu bar and you'll see a "Open User Folder" option. Click it, and tada, you're in Dolphin's new user folder! If you did it correctly you should be in appdata/Dolphin Emulator. Now just close Dolphin and copy the contents of your global user directly into this folder, overwriting as needed. You can delete then move or whatever if you want but just get your files into the new folder in Appdata. Then run Dolphin and you'll be good, One Drive doesn't pull from appdata.

Alternatively, you can go to Config > Paths and change the Dump path. If that's all you need, then just do that.
(02-02-2023, 01:55 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]We moved the default Global User Directory location in windows to %AppData% recently, and one of the reasons was to avoid that very scenario. Details will be in the Progress Report. However this only applies to new users. To apply this, you'll need to remove dolphin's global user directory. So go to [your user account name]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator, and move cut and paste that whole folder somewhere else. Then, download and run the latest DEV build (beta will be getting this in a few days), and run it. None of your information will be there, that's fine, you backed it up. Now in Dolphin, click File in the menu bar and you'll see a "Open User Folder" option. Click it, and tada, you're in Dolphin's new user folder! If you did it correctly you should be in appdata/Dolphin Emulator. Now just close Dolphin and copy the contents of your global user directly into this folder, overwriting as needed. You can delete then move or whatever if you want but just get your files into the new folder in Appdata. Then run Dolphin and you'll be good, One Drive doesn't pull from appdata.

Alternatively, you can go to Config > Paths and change the Dump path. If that's all you need, then just do that.

Alright. Did Changed the Dump Path