Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Buttons Registering an Input, but not an Output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I've been searching for a couple of hours and I have no idea what's going wrong.

I have been using Dolphin for one game (Just Dance 4) for a while now. Well, I noticed something strange when I went to fool with my Joycon settings today. Dolphin is registering input. It recognizes when I press every button on my Joycons, and I can remap them successfully to the correct outputs. However, the game itself is only receiving output from the A button, B button, and HOME button when using the SDL joycon input. It does not recognize any inputs for 1, 2, -, or plus button

However - the game does recognize input for 1, 2, -, and + button when using DInput/Keyboard.

Complicating matters further: I can map Keyboard buttons to A, B, and HOME when using the SDL Joycon, and all mappings are recognized and usable except any that involve the 1, 2, -, and + button.

In other words, when in keyboard mode, I can use all wiimote emulated controls. I can even map the SDL/Joycon buttons THROUGH the DInput keyboard, and those work perfectly for triggering the  1, 2, -, and + button commands. When in joycon mode, though I can ONLY use A, B, and HOME regardless of whether I'm using keyboard or joycon inputs

I could have sworn I used to be able to use all my buttons in joycon mode quite freely, so I rolled back my dolphin, but no luck there. I must be mistaken on that, I think. I also tried to use BetterJoy as an intermediary to see if that fixed things, but it didn't. I tried to map solely the right joycon, but no dice there either.

If I had any idea how to map motion simulation from the joycons through the DInput Keyboard Mouse controls, I would, but honestly, I'm at the limit of my knowledge by far.

I know I must be doing something simple very wrong, but I can't find any information on what it might be. Please help! I'm lost.
----

\/ These inputs from the joycons used through the Keyboard/Mouse all work as expected (tbh I forgot to test the joystick, being focused on the buttons and all)

[Image: 3wq0XoJ.png]

----
\/ Only the A, B, and HOME buttons work here.
[Image: jLqplWC.png]
If you have steam running it's worth a try turning it off.