Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GraphicMod for Gamecube bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I am a long time user. I used to have an account here but I think it got deleted cause I am a lurker. Sorry!

Anyhow, so I have just discovered the new GraphicMods feature along with the GameCube BIOS HD texture pack and gecko "cheat" for proper 16:9 aspect ratio. I am wondering if it is possible to make the last 2 (texture pack and gecko code) into a GraphicMod as the cheat needs to be added to every single game for the bios to look right and XFB settings need to be changed ("store XFB textures to texture only" needs to be checked, "immediately present XFB" needs to be unchecked and "Skip Presenting Duplicate frames" needs to be checked). I think it would be a lot simpler if this was made as a GraphicMod, unfortunately I am nowhere near knowledgeable enough to even attempt this as I just found out about it and what information I have found in making my own makes my head spin. I have the hd texture pack for the BIOS installed and it works fine with the XFB settings changed but it only appears properly when the gecko code is added to the game, which is easy enough but I have a lot of games and want an easier way of making the BIOS look great besides editing every single GC game I have.

I know it looks like I am being lazy and I guess I am, but this would be a great option being as Dolphin is centered around making its games look superior to the console. So....can someone please help me in understanding how I would go about making a GraphicMod that uses a gecko code and possibly only change the XFB settings for GC games only so the Bios looks good by default with every GC game I load but doesn't affect Wii games?

Thanks in advance!