Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Boot from DVD Backup has been removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A reason the dev removed the feature is because they found nobody is using it. If you used the feature, post here to show there is demand for it.

I cannot be the only who used this feature. Does anyone else want to keep the ability to boot games from DVD-/+R? I have a bunch of of Wii games on single layer DVD+R and some on dual layer DVD+Rs. I never had any problems with them. All my Gamecube games are on mini DVD-R discs. Again, never had a problem running them from my optical drive in Dolphin. Is anyone else in the same situation as me?
(01-19-2023, 09:23 AM)uVSthem Wrote: [ -> ]All my Gamecube games are on mini DVD-R discs. Again, never had a problem running them from my optical drive in Dolphin.

To be clear, does this mean you don't get any stuttering when a game is loading data?

If so, could you tell us what model of disc drive you have?
(01-20-2023, 03:11 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]To be clear, does this mean you don't get any stuttering when a game is loading data?

If so, could you tell us what model of disc drive you have?

That is correct. I have not noticed stuttering. This is the drive I have.
https://www.newegg.com/pioneer-bdr-2209-...6827129076