Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using MacOS Save State on other systems?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Dolphin peers,

This is my first post here!

I've been using Dolphin for a few years now but never had any problems that I could not solve myself. Now I'm in a bit of a predicament
so I went ahead and registered. I'll get straight to the issue at hand.

I've completed about 50% of a game using on the MacOS version. Now I want to transition to Xbox (using Retroarch).
Is there any chance I can convert the MacOS Save State to be usable in Retroarch (Xbox)? Or at least on a Windows PC? (coz I think it's the same as on Xbox).

Because right now it seems impossible.

I've tried several tricks until now, to no avail. One of those was saving to slot and renamed the file so it matches the Dolphin on Retroarch savestate naming.
I've also noticed the size of MacOS save states differs quite substantially from the size of Retroarch save states. (50mb vs 200mb respectively)

Did any of you stumble upon this problem before?

...I really don't want to start the game from scratch on Xbox...

Thank you.
There is not, you will have to use the normal save ingame. However savestates are known to break those so they may or may not work.
(01-14-2023, 09:39 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]There is not, you will have to use the normal save ingame. However savestates are known to break those so they may or may not work.

It seems so...too bad.
As of now I've started the game from scratch.
(01-14-2023, 09:39 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]There is not, you will have to use the normal save ingame. However savestates are known to break those so they may or may not work.
Oh, I finally understood what you're saying because I'm too accustomed to save states.
Do you happen to know how can I move the MacOS ingame save to Retroarch Xbox?

thanks!
Sorry, I am unfamiliar with both MacOS and Retroarch. It will also depend on what type of game it is (GC/Wii).
Update for this post for anyone that might need this.

I've managed to do it by moving the Wii save file from one system to another.
It's a .bin file located in the Application Support/Dolphin/Wii/Title/Save. I only had to change the Retroarch
Saves folder to one on my thumb-drive and copied this .bin file there. Now the game loads in Dolphin Retroarch
in Xbox and the all that progress is available as a normal game save,