Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't play my game (Animal Crossing GCN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today, I was able get Animal Crossing Gamecube to install on Dolphin. I was able to get the game up and running and everything. The problem is that now everytime I boot it up, I can't get past the title screen. And I've tried many different things to fix this, but it still won't work. No many what button I push on my keyboard, I can't play my game and get past the title screen. Can anyone help me with this, please? Angry Huh
(01-12-2023, 12:31 PM)Max Powers Wrote: [ -> ]So today, I was able get Animal Crossing Gamecube to install on Dolphin. I was able to get the game up and running and everything. The problem is that now everytime I boot it up, I can't get past the title screen. And I've tried many different things to fix this, but it still won't work. No many what button I push on my keyboard, I can't play my game and get past the title screen. Can anyone help me with this, please?  Angry  Huh

Okay, so I have been doing some more research on why this is happening so I could maybe be more specific about this, but might this be a reason? Everytime I close out of the game it keeps telling me this:

"Could not write memory card file C:/Users/maxp2/OneDrive/Documents/DolphinEmulator/GC/MemoryCardA.USA.raw.

Are you running Dolphin from a CD/DVD, or is the save file maybe write protected?

Are you receiving this after moving the emulator directory? If so, then you may need to re-specify your memory card location in the options."

Just for the record, I know what this message is saying. I've tried messing with the Memory Card a lot but I keep getting this message everytime. I have absolutely no idea what is going on here.
I'm not sure why your controls don't work, but as for the memory card issue, it's almost definitely OneDrive judging by the path in the error message. For some reason Dolphin and OneDrive interact really poorly sometimes, which is a big enough issue that recent dev builds have changed the location of the user data folder. Assuming you're new to Dolphin and don't have any saves you want to keep, I would recommend the following:

- Download the latest Development Version from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
- Delete the entire C:/Users/maxp2/OneDrive/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/ folder.
- Launch the Development Version you downloaded. It will create a new user folder in a different location, where OneDrive won't interfere with it.

If that fixes your problem, great! If not, we need more details.
(01-17-2023, 03:17 AM)Max Powers Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I have been doing some more research on why this is happening so I could maybe be more specific about this, but might this be a reason? Everytime I close out of the game it keeps telling me this:

"Could not write memory card file C:/Users/maxp2/OneDrive/Documents/DolphinEmulator/GC/MemoryCardA.USA.raw.

Are you running Dolphin from a CD/DVD, or is the save file maybe write protected?

Are you receiving this after moving the emulator directory? If so, then you may need to re-specify your memory card location in the options."

Just for the record, I know what this message is saying. I've tried messing with the Memory Card a lot but I keep getting this message everytime. I have absolutely no idea what is going on here.

Aré you using the latest version?
(01-19-2023, 08:43 AM)AdmiralCurtiss Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why your controls don't work, but as for the memory card issue, it's almost definitely OneDrive judging by the path in the error message. For some reason Dolphin and OneDrive interact really poorly sometimes, which is a big enough issue that recent dev builds have changed the location of the user data folder. Assuming you're new to Dolphin and don't have any saves you want to keep, I would recommend the following:

- Download the latest Development Version from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
- Delete the entire C:/Users/maxp2/OneDrive/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/ folder.
- Launch the Development Version you downloaded. It will create a new user folder in a different location, where OneDrive won't interfere with it.

If that fixes your problem, great! If not, we need more details.

Thanks for the help. As of right now, I'm still unable to play the game but I did download the development version you told me about and it did give me an idea of what I should do next. It looks like that my computers' general keyboard won't work and I may need to buy a normal controller that can hook up to my computer.

Update: Thank you everyone for all of your help! I've finally gotten my game to work now and am ready to have fun.  Angel