Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I use real battery percentage on dolphin emu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

First things first, sorry if here is not the correct place to ask this, I don't know exactly what's the correct forum for this kind of questions, because it's not an issue, neither a feature request or anything, just a "dumb" detail I would like to do if possible.

So basically my linux (Fedora) laptop can read the battery level of my controller and looks like dolphin lets you set the battery value forĀ  controllers, so I thought it would be pretty cool if dolphin could also tell me when the battery is low:

[Image: 9qMcMtk.png]

Thanks!
Quote:looks like dolphin lets you set the battery value for controllers, so I thought it would be pretty cool if dolphin could also tell me when the battery is low

So the way it works is that Dolphin will convey your controller's battery status to the emulated Wii software using the Wii's systems, so the in-game Wii Remote battery indicator (visible by pressing the home button) will show your device's power level, and you'll get in-game warnings when your "Wii Remote" is low on power.

To set it up, you need to map your physical controller's battery the emulted Wii Remote's battery. I have an example configuration in a Progress Report from back when I tried it, specifically THIS IMAGE. Note the "times 0.6" in the example. That was to work around Xbox Controller on Windows weirdness. You may be able to just map the battery unmodified given that it is linux, but if you need to adjust it you can do the same thing to adjust it however you need to.

Also, as we are using the original Wii Remote menus here, obviously this only works in Wii games that use Wii Remotes. And only if you are using Emulated Wii Remotes.
(01-11-2023, 04:07 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]So the way it works is that Dolphin will convey your controller's battery status to the emulated Wii software using the Wii's systems, so the in-game Wii Remote battery indicator (visible by pressing the home button) will show your device's power level, and you'll get in-game warnings when your "Wii Remote" is low on power.

To set it up, you need to map your physical controller's battery the emulted Wii Remote's battery. I have an example configuration in a Progress Report from back when I tried it, specifically THIS IMAGE. Note the "times 0.6" in the example. That was to work around Xbox Controller on Windows weirdness. You may be able to just map the battery unmodified given that it is linux, but if you need to adjust it you can do the same thing to adjust it however you need to.

Also, as we are using the original Wii Remote menus here, obviously this only works in Wii games that use Wii Remotes. And only if you are using Emulated Wii Remotes.

Thanks for the reply and info!

too bad dolphin doesn't show a battery input so I can't map it.