Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can we improve reconnect routine for Wiimotes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd noticed that when using non passthrough mode, when a Wiimote turn off by any reason, you have to press 1+2 to reconnect. And also have continuos scan enabled.

Software like touchmote once paired with the sync button, will reconnect just by pressing any button on the Wiimote. Doesn't matter if you close the software or restart the computer. 

Wonder if this can be improved on dolphin, since hitting 1+2 creates another pairing routine and changes the ID for the Wiimote on Windows, which cause some troubles to other software like hidhide.

Since Bluetooth enumerator assigns a specific device name, maybe it can be used to reconnect without needing 1+2.

Not sure which method uses touchmote to avoid pressing 1+2.
What you are doing when you press 1+2 is a "temporary sync". It's a feature of non-TR Wii Remotes that allows for quick temporary pairs in situations of like, bringing a Wii Remote to a friend's house or something. Without Bluetooth Passthrough we can't create a permanent sync, it is going to require resyncing every time, so using quick sync is the most convenient way to sync it.

The only way to fix this is bluetooth passthrough.
Hi. Thanks for your answer.

Touchmote seems to do permanent pairing for both tr and non tr when pairing using the sync button. I just relaunch touchmote, press A or any other button and it connects.

I can even hold the power button on Wiimote, turn it off completely. Hit a button, and will autoreconnect.

There is any difference that could make dolphin not able to use it?
MS Bluetooth stack changed a lot over the years.

On windows 10 and 11 is possible to have permanent pairing.

Just give it a try to touchmote and let's see if we can improve dolphin. Since it's open source, we can check how permanent pairing was implemented.
Tried this one too

https://github.com/trigger-segfault/WiimoteLib.Net

And can reconnect pressing any button too. No need for 1+2.
Any ideas if dolphin will support permanent pairing without bt passthrough?

The wiimotelib posted show it's possible.
Honestly, I'd use joy cons. I had many troubles with wiimotes and Bluetooth. Joy cons connect more reliably and don't need a sensor bar. Unless the WiiPlay billiards game is the only thing you play. That is the only thing I haven't been able to get working.
Too bad joycons doesnt have IR pointer.

Anyway wiimote connection with non passthrough can be improved, like other software demostrated.